At Polyoptics GmbH, we place great emphasis on maintaining your trust and confidence when handling personal information about you.
We are the controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR“). This means in relation to the personal information you provide to us we will determine why and how it is used.
How we collect your personal information
You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, country of residence, telephone number, occupation, and email address) on this site. We also receive personal information about you in the following ways:
- Directly from you: we give you the opportunity to submit your details to us via the contact forms on our website or directly to us at events and conferences by completing a lead enquiry form or providing a business card;
- Through communication with you: if you contact us via email or by phone, we may keep a record of that correspondence and retain your contact details; and
- Through cookies: we may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on the parts of the site you visit, the type of browser you use and the times you access the site. However, this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you.
What we do with your personal information
We will process your personal information in connection with the management of our relationship with you for the following purposes:
- to contact you by e-mail or by post and to send you details about our products, product news and updates (where we have received your consent to do so, or we believe that you may be interested in the material as it relates to similar products or services you have previously acquired, or indicated your interest in acquiring, from us);
- for administrative purposes in relation to the security and access of our systems, premises, platforms and secured websites and applications;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests anywhere in the world, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- to comply with court orders and exercise and/or defend our legal rights;
- to respond to your requests and manage our relationship with you; and
- to improve our level of service and the content of our communications
The types of personal information which we process
We typically process the following types of personal information about you:
- Your name, title, work email address and other work contact details;
- Your role, position and/or job title within your employment, occupation ;
- Your area /department of employment (e.g. marketing, sales, procurement);
- Details of your visits to our website; and
- Country of residence.
We make every effort to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information which we store and to ensure all of your personal information is up to date. However, you can assist us with this considerably by promptly contacting us if there are any changes to your personal information or if you become aware that we have inaccurate personal information relating to you. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal information that you provide to us.
How we use your personal information
We will only process your personal information where:
- you have given your consent to such processing, you may withdraw this consent at any time, as detailed below;
- the processing is necessary to provide our services through this website (including to send you information about products that you have indicated you are interested in);
- the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and/or
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of any third party recipients that receive your personal information (as detailed below).
We may use aggregated information so we can administer and improve the site, analyse trends and gather broad demographic information. We may pass this information to third parties.
How we protect your personal information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the sites designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through our sites.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use analytical/performance cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
There is a plugin supplied by Google that will allow you to opt out of the data collection process. You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you would like to update your personal information or marketing preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing lists, or request that we stop processing your personal information or request a copy of your personal information please contact us by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access and Correction
To the extent required by law, we provide users with (i) reasonable access to the personal information they provide through the site, and (ii) the ability to review, correct and delete such personal information. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information.
How long we will keep your personal information for
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.
How you can contact us
If you have any queries about the contents of this privacy statement, or would like to raise a complaint or comment, please contact us by emailing us at: email@example.com